Hindi Lovers Club of Illinois was officially formed in Jan. 2011 to promote and preserve Hindi language (the National language of India) in the foreign land. The inaugural event was celebrated with the presence of then Consulate General of India ,Chicago Mrs Mukta Tomar. The club was founded with the main goal to bring Hindi in everyday lives like day-to-day talking and expressing our thought so our next generation can be a part of this rich and deeply rooted history. Depite Hindi being one of the most spoken languages of the world, with each passing year Hindi is becoming less prevalent in Indian American households .Besides India is one of the fast growing world in technology and other businesses and lot of foreign companies are bringing their offices in India. In this case the knowledge of the local language will give them a positive response.
Here are some of the achievements of Hindi Lovers Club over the last five years of existence:
- Celebrated Hindi Diwas ( the day when Hindi became National language of India on Sept. 14, 1949)
- Hosted Hindi Poetry nights by local and visiting poets from India.
- Organized monthly social and interactive meet/gathering to encourage participants to speak in Hindi.
- Organized cultural events ,kids Hindi essay competition Hindi plays etc.
- Published monthly Hindi magazine.
- Celebrated Indian Independence day and Republic day.
Hindi Lovers Club was founded by Gurbachan Kaur Shewakramani and being led by President Vinita Gulabani. With the support of the Hindi Lovers Club members, local community businesses and organizations and generous sponsors like you, we can build a greater diverse future for the Hindi language.
About Our Meeting
How To Get Involved:
- Come to meetings.
- Share your poetry, thoughts, jokes, experiences in Hindi.
- Tell your friends about the club; encourage them to join.
For more information call :Â 847 962 85953 or email -Â email@example.com
Please fill out the form below or print and complete this form.
We only ask for a yearly-fee of $15 or for lifetime membership fee $100; You can also donate any amount and that would be appreciated. You can mail a check to 2545 W. Devon Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60659 USA, bring it with you to your first meeting, or just you can pay with a charge card through PayPal (just fill out the form below to start)